Date: Sunday 26th July
Time: 13:00 - 16:30 (London time)
Marxists are frequently attacked as unrealistic utopians. Rather than talking about revolution, the reformists say we should focus on winning achievable goals for workers. But all over the world, the main reformist parties and organisations have discredited themselves by carrying out attacks on the working class and holding them back in order to save the system. Now, they are in total disarray, losing elections and support across the board. This talk will explain why reformism is a dead end, and argue that only revolutionary struggle can improve the lives of working people. Our speaker, Niklas Albin Svensson, is a leading activist of the International Marxist Tendency.
- Opportunism and Theory in Practice, in Reform or Revolution
- Prospects, in Where is Britain Going?
- Buy at Wellred: Where is Britain Going?
- Two Articles On Centrism
- ILP Conference and Tasks of the Left, in Ted Grant Writings Volume Two
- Buy at Wellred: Ted Grant Writings Volume Two
- The lessons of Greece: the failure of reformism